Uncle Scrooge Comics

I was very surprised how dense Uncle Scrooge comics are, I grew up reading comics in the 90s and some them aren't nearly as well told as Uncle Scrooge or Donald Duck. Come to find out that there was a sort of separation between these comics and the Disney cartoons; I also grew up with the original Duck Tales cartoons, and while they were going on similar style adventures, I find that there is more storytelling in the old comics. Having seen the newest iteration of the Duck Tales series it seems like this recent show pays more respect to the comics, considering the high quality of the comics. It was very refreshing to read, because I was under the assumption these characters were going to be one note and the adventure to be a lot of non sensical shenanigans. Instead, there are back stories, revelations in character attributes, although maybe the nephews seem to be one note, I think that is because they were not the integral characters of the comic.

Comments

Popular Posts