Understanding Comics, Scott McCloud

Here Scott McCloud took the painstaking task of breaking down comics completely and also gives readers insights as to what goes on in the minds of those who make the attempt at creating their own. I always have a hard time making people understand why I continue to read comic books, so for McCloud to make this book is really nice to me; his art style for the book is very accessible, while also bringing up serious topics about the how and why comics have endured for such a long time. The thorough explanation of iconic imagery was eye opening to me in a way that was always in my mind, but never able to clearly express; his grasp of all these topics really is on another level. For me in some cases kind of exhausting, but you can sense his enthusiasm for the topic in every panel and word bubble.

Comments

Popular Posts